VSM has an adequate solution to meet every requirement for flat grinding applications from repair grinding to customer-specific defined scratch patterns.
Benefit from VSM’s high-performing abrasives
- Reduce set-up costs
Self-sharpening abrasives enhance the service life of the tool considerably and reduce the number of tool changes
- Utilise your machines to full capacity
Benefit from our experience based on VSM‘s close cooperation with more than 60 manufacturers of abrasive machines
- Increase your productivity and reduce manufacturing costs
Benefit from our expertise for everything relating to quality abrasives
Interested in improving your grinding processes?
You are welcome to give us a call:
+1 800 737 0176
For assistance by email, please contact:
Repair grinding of slabs
Extremely high requirements are made for the stock removal of belts and the durability of backing materials when it comes to repair grinding of slabs – and every single one of the VSM range of abrasives puts in a sterling performance here.
- VSM CERAMICS Plus with TOP SIZE
- Very sturdy polyester backing, suitable for both wet and dry grinding
- For maximum stock removal when grinding high-alloyed steels under very high contact pressure.
Repair grinding of coils and heavy plates
High stock removal rates per unit of time – VSM CERAMICS have been optimised to suit this specific requirement and achieve the best results when repair grinding slabs and heavy plates.
- VSM CERAMICS Plus
- Outstanding when machining high-alloyed steels thanks to its agressive cutting behaviour and an extremly long service life
- Improves the efficiency of long and wide belt applications where high contact pressure is required
Customer-specific grinding of coils and sheets
VSM abrasives on paper backing produce a consistent surface finish and reproducible roughness values in wide and long belt applications.
Customer-specific grinding of squares
From roughing to achieving a perfect finish: VSM offers a wide array of different products tailored to your application and your specific needs.
For flawless surfaces
For achieving various gloss units and scratch patterns
VSM's comprehensive range of abrasives produce a large variety of different gloss units and scratch patterns. Scratch patterns in 1G, 2G or with a fine hairline finish can be achieved using VSM abrasives.
- Defined scratch patterns such as 1G, 2G or hairline finish
- Individual customer-specific scratch patterns in high and reproducible quality
- High gloss, medium gloss and matt
Consistent and reproducible surface finishes
Gloss is one important parameter to describe the visual appearance of an object. But what does gloss actually mean? Gloss is an optical property which indicates how well a surface reflects light in a mirror-like direction. The intensity of the reflection can be technically measured.